Monday, June 22, 2009

Milky Gula Melaka Cheesecake



I personally apologise for this bad shot but this is all I have for this time, this was specially made for my Dad in law, his Birthday is just a day before Father's Day so I just thought to combine everything in one.

This was actually a very bad one which the results was what I expected it to turn out to. First this was the naked cake itself, the baking process was just great until my young ones came home in the evening and I left my undressed cake unattended on my dining table in fact before I remove the cake pan.

Went to the kitchen to fix dinner for them and turn back and look at my cake been eaten.....ooooh the defect on the cake make my heart just speechless, don't know what to do and no mood to even go onto the decorating the very night.

So I just left it to cool and into the fridge to cool till the very next morning. This time I just topped with semi sweet chocolate ganache hopefully things will turn out not so bad. I don't have much tools and which disappoint me is that I bought a wrong piping tip for my leaves.....thats the worst part.

My figures broke few times due to the humidity of the weather lately, in fact my wheelbarrow's handle broke off and I have to patch in no time before we left home to my in laws place....very disappointed, luckily the whole combination of the base, the cheesecake and the topping came to a satisfying point, where I think it's just ok.

This cake was specially made for my dad in-law who is a diabetic, so the whole cake is sugarless, only the base is blend in with some brown sugar to have the sweet, salty, grainy and bitter. The cake is cooked with pandan leaf, coconut sugar, coconut milk, fresh milk and cheese. The topping is whipped with bitter sweet chocolate.

To him it's still rich, to ordinary people who enjoys cheesecake maybe it's just fragrant.

Thank you for viewing and please leave me some comment to better improve in the future.

No comments: